Graduate (or v.good student) Environment Artists
Playing God VR
Ben Fredericks / Cats are not Peas
We are looking for Graduate Environment Artists, responsible for the creation of immersive sci-fi environment that realise our vision.
You’ll be responsible for creating high-quality environment art suitable for use in a high-quality VR experience that mixes live action with CGI.
Build using Unreal for Oculus Go headsets you will need to have an understanding of Unreal and building for VR.
You will need skills in:
- 3DS Max 16 or Blender (or have access to your own 3D modelling software)
- Unreal Engine
Bonus if have skills in:
- Concept art
- Have an understanding and can produce VFX
- UI/Technical art of Unreal
What we can offer:
Real life experience for CV
Solid reference to help you find a job
Short term freelance contract
Starting wage of £11 per hour – normal working day 9.30am – 4pm
Opportunity for remote working if required
Potential for more work/increase salary
You’ll have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating natural and/or concept-driven landscape artwork, attention to detail and developed skills in 3D software such as 3DS Max and Photoshop. You’ll have an understanding of the use of scene composition and organic modelling/texturing. Be able to follow a brief and fulfil a vision from the creative director. Also, be looking to develop your skills and help contribute to a distributed VR title.
1. Examples/links of your work with details on how long they took and what software was used.
2. Answer this questions in 100 words or less (bullet points are fine): I should have the job because…….
3. Contact details and times you are available for a phone interview
4. Date when you could start
Job based in Phoenix, Leicester